Homemade Cleaning Spray Recipe
Today we are going to reveal one of our favourite recipes. We thought that it would be helpful to put together and share how to make our eco-friendly, non toxic, 3-ingredient cleaning spray, which can be used in our refillable spray bottles.
One of the many benefits of using refillable cleaning bottles in your home is that you know exactly what ingredients go into them and that they are safe for your family and pets.
Love and Labels are passionate about switching to a greener and non-toxic lifestyle. So we thought we would share our top All purpose cleaning spray recipe which we use daily.
Switching from chemical ridden, store bought cleaners to safer, natural and environmentally friendly options is a great way to get started if you are on a journey to a more greener lifestyle.
BENEFITS OF HOMEMADE CLEANING SPRAYS
So what are the benefits of chemical-free products anyway? Well, to start with, you and your family will no longer be absorbing and inhaling toxic-chemicals.
That alone should persuade you to make the switch today. But there are also plenty of other reasons to try this simple to make cleaning spray;
- Homemade cleaning sprays are budget friendly and will save you money in the long run.
- They create a healthier environment in your home. - No more breathing in and absorbing toxic-chemicals.
- They are safer for your family and pets.
- An all-round Eco-friendly option! Not only can you refill your cleaning bottles, thus saving bottles from landfill,but they also will not contaminate and pollute the waterways.
Now would you like to know our secret recipe?
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CLEANING SPRAY
For this spray, we used our 500ml amber spray bottles and bottle labels to help identify the contents. You can use the following essential oils, if you aren't keen on Lemongrass as these all have antibacterial properties; Eucalyptus, Orange, Peppermint, Lavender, Tea Tree, Oregano.
- 1 cup distilled or filtered water
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
Mix the ingredients into your spray bottle and voila... you have yourself your own homemade cleaning product in under 5 minutes!
Do you have any cleaning recipes you would like to share? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.